Creamy Asian chicken salad romaine boats!
I don’t know about you guys, but I love a good meat salad…
That sounds awkward. I mean like tuna salad, ham salad, chicken salad…you know.
My feeding window opened right around the time I needed to be leaving for work today! So lunch needed to be filling, quick, and since it was my first meal in 18 hours delicious. Duh.
- 5.5 oz of my pre-made crock pot chicken
- 1 tbsp salad dressing (I used asiago peppercorn but you can use any you want. I really like this brand.
- 1 tbsp FULL FAT Sour Cream
- A few crunched up nuts or seeds of your preference
- I wanted spice so I added 1 tsp sriracha and 1tsp wasabi paste
- 1 hard boiled egg
- salt, pepper, whatever seasonings you like.
- 3 romaine leaves
- Mix it up.
- Put it on lettuce.
- Stuff it in yo’ face.
- Continue being a bad-ass, fat burning, hunger fighting machine.
Now, since I only eat 2 meals and a snack/shake a day with intermittent fasting, my meals tend to be much larger and much higher in calories. Some would argue that watching calories and proteins on Keto is not necessary, that reducing carbs is efficient on it’s own. This is not true. You still need to be in a caloric deficit to lose fat. Otherwise, all the weight you are losing is mostly glycogen (which is surprisingly heavy) and water.
As glorious as Keto is, there is no “magic diet” that allows you to “eat as much as you want and lose all of the weight!” as we so often see on infomercials. If you never find moderation and never grow to understand your hunger or the root of overeating then you will never have the body you want/deserve.
SO START TRACKING YOUR FOOD/MACROS YA BIG DUMMIES! - Dr. Steve Brule