Eat your heart out, Starbucks! Frappuccino flavor with protein, fat, and actual nutritional value. GASP!
Easy peasy, too!
- 1 cup ice cubes + 1 frozen full fat coconut milk cube (optional)
- 1/2 to 1 Scoop low carb/no sugar protein powder - I use a variety, but for this one I used GNC Amplified Wheybolic Extreme (2NC)
- 1/2 cup So Delicious Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk
- 1-2 tbsp instant coffee (unless you’re NOT immune to caffeine, I on the other hand was still dozing off after 2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream, which you can add to the drink OR whip up and serve on top! (I ran out of time for that!)
- Liquid flavored Stevia (I used Stevita toffee and chocolate flavors, but you can use any sweetener you prefer!)
- Combine in blender.
- Turn blender on.
- Pour in glass.
- Take instagram photo.
Really the “recipe” is quite versatile and you could make this serve a number of functions:
- Fat Bomb! - Add 1 tbsp flax oil and/or sub full fat coconut milk for the So Delicious Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk. Almond Butter anyone?!?! Whoever hasn’t tried cream cheese in a smoothie hasn’t lived…
- Nutrient Punch! - Add Chia seeds, raw cacao powder, and a handfull of spinach!
- Fiber Therapy - Add Chia, Raw cacao powder, flax and/or psyllium husk fiber!
- Post Workout - Eliminate fats and up the protein! 1.5 scoops of whey, raw cacao powder, and mix with unsweetened almond milk.
- GET CREATIVE!
I just needed a pick me up.
158 calories, 10g protein, 10g fat, 4g carbs, 4g fiber!