Missing potatoes on #keto? Well that’s just because you don’t know your veggies! Breaking a 21 hour #fast with daikon radish home fries, spinach and onion omelette and natural uncured #bacon!
What is Daikon? Well, if you live outside of the U.S. it is known as “mooli”. It is a white, carrot-shaped, radish with a mild flavor and a crunchy texture! This cooks much like potato (similar to the rutabaga).
Daikon is very low calorie, providing only 22 calories per cup! For you low-carbers, this veggie is only 2 net carbs per cup! And how about nutrition? A 1 cup serving contains 34% of your daily recommended Vitamin C and the the active enzyme myrosinase.
How bout that?
Daikon Hash Browns/Home Fries
- 1 cup shredded daikon
- 3 strips of bacon
- salt, pepper, paprika, garlic to taste (whatever you want in your home fries to taste like!)
- Shred the Daikon julienne style.
- Toss in your preferred seasonings.
- Cook 3 strips of bacon. Set bacon aside for your meal, leave about 1 tbsp of the bacon grease (or more!)
- Cook Daikon shreds in very hot bacon grease until crispy!
Serve with an omelette or some flax pancakes and your bacon! Top with reduced sugar ketchup or my personal favorite, sour cream and salsa!